Monday, August 27, 2007

.....

My husband will be flying to the USA next weekend on work and he will be back in December… I have mixed feelings about the whole thing really…
I am very happy and proud of him…. (I know it’s not a big deal when everyone other person flying out these days, but it’s a first for us, so we are happy!)
But, I will miss him terribly… I have not been away from him for more than 15 days since the day we met – and that’s like 7 yrs ago!!!
Ever since we became friends, we have been together – went out together, did stuff together… even after marriage, he is still my first choice (I’m not talking about sis, parents here) to go out anywhere… if he doesn’t want to go, I have willingly postponed going out so that I have his company later on when we do go out…
I hate going out alone without him anywhere (again, parents and sis are not being mentioned here)
…. And now, for 3 months or more I have to manage everything (OK, almost everything!) alone…
I am not afraid of going out alone, but I am sad that I have to do it alone…

** To whom will I crib every night while cooking about the so-called inefficiencies of the people in my project?

** Most importantly, who will do the tasting and tell me each and every time that the food is great, but go ahead and add that extra pinch of salt!!?
** Who will give out my daily dose of vitamins after breakfast every morning and make sure I pop that calcium tablet in mouth so that I won’t have too many problems later on?
** I will miss his goofing around in the house, him, being everywhere, fiddling with this and that…

The house will be silent…

** With whom will I discuss/fight about the singers in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa? I will have to watch that on Friday and Saturday nights alone….

I will miss everything that there is about him…

This sucks…

One of my friends’ said, this is the time for me to do as I wish, but that didn’t register since he has never come in the way of me doing anything I want… he has always encouraged it…

This really sucks…

Damn! I will miss him and I wish December comes quickly….

10 comments:

Swati said...

Ohh I know what you mean ..I can't imagine in being your situation. BTW ..Sa re ga ma pa is going great these days ..I like all 8 of them ..Who is your favourite ..I think mine is Raja and my hubby teases me for that :P

Pixie said...

@Swati: Yea - my fave include Raja, Aneek, Sumedha, Poonam and Mauli (At times - not always)
I know - the whole thing sucks... :(

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Oh oh I know how this feels. On the brighter side, this will add some romance and excitement to your life too. Haven't you heard that absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Do some cute things, send each other long hand written letters, cards, the things you did when you were courting. Soon the three months will pass and you will have an explosive reunion !

See, I always help you see the bright side :)

Sachin said...

Hey lady!

I identify with you totally....I too hate to be away from my wife...and vice versa as well...

But am sure these 3 months will just fly by...with you realizing each other's value more (not saying you don't know it now) and make for a fantabulous future....Cheers!

Pixie said...

@Poppins: Thank you as always for making me feel better! :-)
Will do all that you have mentioned, and anything else cute and fuzzy that comes to my mind! heh! Thank you again for teh words of comfort.

@Sachin: Thanks! I'm hoping the 3 months will fly by too... :-)

Savani said...

first time on your blog!
as the cliche goes - distance will make the heart grow fonder :)

Site manager said...

Ohhhh Pixie, I am sorry that he will be away, but it makes me happy to hear how much in love you are. I hope the 3 months fly by!

the mad momma said...

awww.. the only time the OA left me for a long period was two months in UK when I was pregnant. i cant tell you how thrilled i was to see him. and you are as bad as me. ... even i postpone plans if he cant make it. in fact, if the OA cant make it, it aint worth it!all the best... we're around for the next 3 months for what its worth... and as poppins says - imagine the fireworks when he gets back.

Pixie said...

@dotmom: Welcome... and keep visiting :-)

@Grail: I'm hoping the 3 months will fly by too...

@Mad Momma: Thank you for the lovely words of support... Feeling much much better...

rayshma said...

heyy pixie...
dropped by after long... and yeah, still to take up ur tag!
trust me, i can SO empathise with u when u're away from hubby.. don't worry, babes...time flies... u'l be with him soon! :))