Here are a few of the things I get to see daily without fail...
- Shop keepers opening their stores, sweeping the front of the store... They generally stand in front of their shops with the brooms in one hand, tea/coffee glass in the other and talk to one another...
- People rushing to catch their cabs/buses!
- Couples out for their morning walk! The elderly people are generally more relaxed, they enjoy their walk, the quiet... The younger lot walk like there is no tomorrow! Like they are trying to lose all that weight/fat during this one walk!
- Cute boys jogging back home after a work out in the gym!! ;-)
- Kids standing in bus stops waiting for school buses while chatting or studying!
- The tender-coconut vendor uncle who always gives me a smile as I pass him. :-)
- Women/maids washing the front of their homes and drawing rangoli... there is something so re-assuring looking at ladies do that....
It reminds me of home in Mysore. Where, on festival days, my maid draws out these huge, awesome rangolis in front of our gate.
- I see men cleaning out their yards, washing of their cars
In this one house - he sits on the swing drinking coffee and reads out the headlines to his wife who is generally putting the rangoli or drinking coffee with him ... :-)
- Dogs having a go at one another...
- This one guy, sits on the steps of this huge departmental store and feeds the street dogs... They sit patiently in front of him as he reads the paper sitting on the steps!!!
The walk is just right for me to get my morning exercise and to wake me up completely before I get onto the bus! It also gives me time to listen to devotional songs/classical songs being played on the radio... :-)