Monday, May 18, 2009

Back...

Been busy... way too busy with work! Weekend went away in a haze...
It went by too fast if you ask me!

I met my friend, an ex-colleague on Saturday. We had a great time!
Tried on clothes.... ate nicely, talked, gossiped, laughed :D
The feeling was mutual (I hope! :D)
The funny part was, it didn't feel like over 4-5 months since I last met her.
It was like picking up our conversation from one tea beak to another!

Sunday, went in relaxing at home and making extravagant dinner plans...
All of which were thrown right out the window because of heavy rains... :D

Sunday was also a friend's birthday, but, the poor guy received bad news from home, his aunt had passed away, so he had to fly to Mumbai immediately.
I hope he is doing better and his May his Aunt rest in Peace.

Lot of things are happening on the work front, few bad, few good.
I am hoping something good/great/awesome will come out of this busy schedule.

I am also working late for the rest of the week, including today.
I had also been to the passport office today. The service and the help were, quite surprisingly, efficient!

I have so many posts done up in my head, 1 in drafts, but they all need time to be
written out.

Happy about the Election Results?
I am! Not because I am a staunch Congress supporter (I am neither Pro-BJP!!), but because we just might have a stable govt with economic revival as the main agenda along with making sure religious tolerance prevails, Justice gets served quicker and the streets are made safer for everyone - not just Women and children.

Also, I have been thinking a lot about Gender bias, roles defined and the mental makeup of people... (yes, I know, its a beaten to death topic, but can't help!)
All that in a new post!

As of now, will get back to working.... *sigh*


Happy Monday everyone! :D

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thats a lot of thought for a Monday morning. Especially liked the part about picking up exactly where you left off, with your friend. I am dying to meet mine when I go home next month.

Unknown said...

I was waiting to for this post. sooo knew u wud write about us meeting up :D Had a great time! We shud do this more often. Am missing all u women folks at work **sigh**

Smitha said...

You sure had a busy weekend! and a lovely one too!

I feel the same way abt the results too.. Happy coz its a decisive verdict.. but can't support any party wholeheartedly.. They are all the same..
Waiting for all those posts :)Have a good week ahead!

Indian Home Maker said...

It's difficult to read the font Pixie, because it is too close tot eh background colour! I highlighted it to read it :)

And Ia m also happy with the Election results, I think all of us are, even those who support BJP are glad that Left is out : )We really needed this stability, and a moderate government - neither extreme left, nor extreme right.

And look forward to your gender post :)

Titaxy said...

happy monday???? :-)

Indyeah said...

yeah toh bada hectic post tha:D
loved it coz it was pixieliek:D
..you know very hurry hurry -I-want)to live life kinda :D

(does that make sense?)
:)))
it does to me:P


yep!so agree!some friends are like that!:)))


sorry to hear about your friend;s aunt..my condolences...





Happy about the Election Results?
I am! Not because I am a staunch Congress supporter (I am neither Pro-BJP!!), but because we just might have a stable govt with economic revival as the main agenda along with making sure religious tolerance prevails, Justice gets served quicker and the streets are made safer for everyone - not just Women and children.
will just say ditto!:D:D

its never a beaten to death topic..I loved your post the one on women and choices...so please do write...

waiting for the next post now:)))

Solilo said...

Pixie, Good to know that you had a great weekend.

Swati said...

lot said in less :) Have a nice week!

Pixie said...

@PAl: Hope you have a great time when you meet your friends.

@ Chethana: Yep, same here. the whole gang is always missed...

@Smitha: Thanks! Will write up on them soon...

@IHM: Changed the font for a better read :)

@Ersa: Err... Mondays can never be too happy unless you have a holiday on that day! :D

@Indyeah: Arre... me having a hetic week - second one in succession... tyep makes complete sense.
Me too wanna go out and live life, but the boss is here and I have deadlines to meet! :P

@Solilo and Smitha: It's been a busy time and I miss blogging...

Anonymous said...

From your post and your comments it looks like you are having a very busy time.
Cheers to all good things.
My condolences to your friend whose aunt passed away.

-Vinay

Sachin said...

Hey Pix, wont ask you how you are doing? Sigh...am just as busy if not more......

Seems like ages since I've visited my own blog. Just wanted you to know am still alive! :)

Take care and keep posting.

Renu said...

about election results , I am also glad, now we have got rid of all king makers, and a stable govt. is always good for everybody.

Mama - Mia said...

:)

am sure thing will get super at work front with all thew ork you are putting!

amen to stable governance!

and waiting for rest of the posts! :)

cheers!

abha

claytonia vices said...

I was surprised to see how dismal b'lore's voting turnout percentage was.

Mystic Margarita said...

you sure had a packed-in weekend. Glad you had fun :)