Tuesday, May 05, 2009

2 tags and 2 awards! :)

Warning - Long post - 2 tags!!! :)

The ever-charming Mandira tagged me long ago with this..
She has also passed on 2 awards
(I hope I didn't get the count wrong!or is it only 1?! Then, I've just "picked up" the other one as well!!!!)






The meme is all about writing whatever comes to your mind when you read those numbers.
Here's my list -

1 -> hours left for lunch
2 -> home made dosas I had for breakfast
3 -> more days for the weekend!
4 -> more hours of actual work remaining
5 -> yrs since I have been working
6 -> good friends I have made across companies I have worked for!
7 -> yrs ago, I changed myself for the good.
Esp in my thinking about a lot of things and people.
8 -> yrs ago I became frns with my husband!
9 -> is the number of my favorite dishes
10 -> yrs ago I was in my final yr of graduation and in May, had my exams...

There done!! :)


Another one is from from the lovely Rashmi.
It's to list out 9 most precious memories/moments of our lives.

-> Memories of my grandfather making me dosas - he had a special way - he used to
apply chutney inside the dosa and then add ghee - the lovely smell still reminds me of him and till date, I love eating dosas with the chutney applied inside!

-> My dad putting my sister to sleep when she was a baby. He used to carry her and walk around softly singing God's hymns. There is something very soothing with that memory.

-> 2 separate gangs of 4 girls - we used to have so much fun! The churmuri sessions
near Balal Circle, the late night gossips and study sessions... :D

-> The time I have spent with my husband, then-friend in Mysore.
Though, the Everyday memories I make with him are all so special and precious. :)

-> Visits to Chamudi Hills. Each time its special and the magic never ends.

-> First salary after joining a new company... the ecstasy of blowing off the entire amount is priceless!!

-> My honeymoon. Both of us couldn't believe we were out on our own with no parental
supervision of any sort! We were so happy, that we had ice creams for breakfast as well!!! :D

-> First time I went and shopped for books in Blossoms... for so less money, I had bought half the store!!!

-> Chat and gossip sessions with my mom, late into the night - I don't know how we
manage to have so much to talk about even though we speak a couple of times everyday!!!

-> My first visit to USA. We landed in Denver in the evening or night, I think.
I remember feeling lost and bewildered and excited all at the same time.

-> Shopping with my sister - each time is different and we end up having so much fun!

*ok, so the list is 11!! I had to cheat on such a lovely tag!! :)*

I tag and award - Grail, Rayshma, Galadriel, Dew Drop, Ersa, Indyeah, Smitha, Solilo, Swati.

Enjoy Ladies!! :)

28 comments:

DewdropDream said...

Heehee! Ice-creams for breakfast is the cutest thing ever! D already tag me for the 1-10 thingy but will do both tags :)

DewdropDream said...

WHERE are my manners! Thank you so much for the lovely awards too :)

Smitha said...

Home made dosas are making me drool !

'My dad putting my sister to sleep when she was a baby. He used to carry her and walk around softly singing God's hymns. There is something very soothing with that memory.' - That is so precious!!! I have the same memory with my brother :)

' First salary after joining a new company... the ecstasy of blowing off the entire amount is priceless!! '- oh yes!!!!

'Shopping with my sister - each time is different and we end up having so much fun!' - I wish I had a sister!!! Alwasy wanted one - ever since I can remember :)

Lovely tags!!!


Thank you for the tags and the awards Pixie!!! Will have to put up my awards page - have been ever so lazy :) Will do the tags soon :)

phatichar said...

phew! that was something..

nice blog, btw :-)

Anonymous said...

7 -> yrs ago, I changed myself for the good.

what did u change ?? me curious ?

Pixie said...

@DDD: LOL!! Yea.. we had so much fun - I mean, it was less mushy-romantic and more fun!!! :D

@ Smitha: yea.. some of those memories are so precious. :)

@Patichar: Welcome! :) and thank you!! :)

@HW: Well, you know - my outlook about people, things in general... broadened my views about things - something as trivial as alcohol and I learnt to take my time with people...
Post Graduation was an eye-opener in many ways!! :)

Pixie said...

oh and you all so totally deserve the awards! :)

Rashmi said...

Hey u have done tag very nicely...

My honeymoon. Both of us couldn't believe we were out on our own with no parental
supervision of any sort! - We felt the same on ours :-) ...best holiday i ever had

Indyeah said...

err warnign long post?:D:D LOL!!
lord this child does not seem to be familiar with my posts :D
forgive her for this mistake :D:D

wait!!what?did you mention dosas?
*drooling*
read my tag post gurl :D I love loveeee dosas :D

aww @8 soo cute :))
and 7 years ago you changed yourself for the good? :)
me thinks it has more to do with growing up and becoming more tolerant :))
hai na?:)
9 dishes??:))
do share :D
though I am betting that chocolate cake is right up there :D

Rashmi's tag too?:)) you are darn quick with your tags Pixie:)))

aww ...just awww when I read about your grandfather and dad :)))
*touchwood* for, those are some beautiful memories:)))

girls and girl power and loads of fun:))tell me about it:D:D
me too:D

have the same kinda memories:D

''My honeymoon. Both of us couldn't believe we were out on our own with no parental
supervision of any sort! We were so happy, that we had ice creams for breakfast as well!!! :D''
rofl!!no parental supervision?sooo cute Pixie!:D
books?did ya mention books?my besttest friend in the world:D:D
when do I come to pick up a few of those books? ;)

chat and gossip sessions with mom?me too:D
this list has many of my points too:)))


USA trip?:))
yeah can imagine:)))

most of all the one about making new memories with hubby dear was so cute:))

(((hugs))lovbed the tag Pixie:))
thank you so much for the awards:))everytime the feeling is beautiful:)))
thank you so so much:)) and thank you too for tagging me:))
will do it ASAP:D

Anonymous said...

Ice-creams for breakfast is so cute!! You kids!!

Ramya Ramadurai said...

Does this mean that you give me the awards AND the tag? Or is it just for the tag? :P

Titaxy said...

Loved reading your post, Pixie and yeah, thanks for tagging and awarding me. :-)

Solilo said...

Pixer, Congratulations and thanks for the awards!

Loved both tags.

You lived in Denver? Me too. Had Peanut there. I have some fond memories of going to Chamunda hills.

And honeymoon! You guys were happy to be without parents. :)))))) So cute.

Anonymous said...

ok now im bugged.. i hv written comments TWICE...n something keeps going wrong..arrgh

lol@1 hr for lunch... 6 friends at work? u must be working in the nicest place!! 9 favourite dished? name a few for us na!

wisegirl said...

u never tag me....hopeless.. no more comments for u

How do we know said...

nicely done number tag!

Saritha said...

Congrats for the awards.

First salary after joining a new company... the ecstasy of blowing off the entire amount is priceless!! '- yes yes yes

Grandfather applying apple chutney--so sweet :)

Chat and gossip sessions with my mom, late into the night - this is what i am doing now :)
enjoyed reading it...

Renu said...

Lovely post:)

Icecream for BF:):) I always tell my children that whenever u have kids, they will be very happy to see that their parents themselves are always eating maggies and fast food, so wont regulate them at all:)

Anonymous said...

you quit alchohol 7 years ago ? whats ur age ?

I still havent given into it yet... !

Pixie said...

LOL!! dude - Dhiren ... I meant my views on alcohol changed - that's just an example...
Like, I though all people who drink - are bad people... and then, I realised that all my friends drink and none of them are bad people!!!

Something along those lines.. my views at looking at things changed... and as Indyeah says - tolerance levels increased as well! :)

@Galadriel - the awards and the tags are all yours babe! :P

Pixie said...

@Wisegirl - u need to do them tags and pick up the awards... :P
which u never do!!! :D

Site manager said...

Thank you! And your memories are wonderful!
I will get busy on the tags, I am usually such a slacker!

:-)

DewdropDream said...

Pixie, I've linked to you in my post, hope that's okay.

Oh and this is a non-comment so feel free to not publish :)

rayshma said...

aww... thanks, pix!
i sure shall do this as tag of the month! :D
sorry for being late... was out of town :)

Arunima said...

nice ones. feel like buying some books after reading this.

Mama-mia said...

fun read! :)

and you a Blossoms fan too?! Am nuts about that place! and even Bookworm! :D

and ice cream for breakfast sounds fun!

cheers!

abha

Pixie said...

@Arunima, Abha - Welcome! :)

Do keep visiting! :D

Titaxy said...

both the tags done...

http://memoriesandmirages.blogspot.com/2009/05/tag-one-to-ten.html

http://memoriesandmirages.blogspot.com/2009/05/evergreen-memories.html