Now, I have had my ups and downs with my dad. He was super strict when we were growing up. I didn't understand him and he definitely didn't understand me!! :D
Sure, we have had our differences over the years, but this is not about that, this post is to share with you guys what my daddy taught me and what I have strived hard to learn, accept and follow and few things which I have mastered as well.
- Work hard, keep your head low and raise it only when you have substantial proof to back your work up.
- Be modest about your work.
- Do your work honestly. If not today, honesty does pay off in the long run and it makes sure you sleep every night with a clear heart and a happy soul. I am a firm believer of this because I have examples in the form of my parents right in front of me!
- Know your curse words! My dad taught us the bad words, anyway most of them! :D
- When you have someone in front of you, especially a boss you don't like, keep your cool. As they start getting heated up, and they see you all calm and collected, it will irritate them more!
- There is no point in adding word to word in an argument. Most times silence is the best argument you can give.
- Wait and watch for your opportunity, this is very important, so that you don't make any false moves, which will make get you into trouble.
Most important one,
- Once you know the other person is a pig, no point in fighting with them. For a pig enjoys the wrestle in mud. After a while, you realise that while you are getting dirty, the pig is enjoying the mud and the wrestle!!
Being bad or cunning helps sometimes, especially when you aren't being dishonest!!
Edited to add: I am not saying this will work, it just might. It has for me!
And, my dad's a great guy, honest, hardworking and loyal and dependable, so no jokes on dad pls! :)
The one comment that was there, I have removed for the same reasons.